The Center for Student Accessibility assists students with disabilities by coordinating campus, program, and academic accessibility.
New to CSA? Follow these steps:
- Complete the CSA application.
- Provide current disability documentation that meets the disability documentation guidelines below.
- Schedule intake appointment and meet with staff.
The CSA has set forth disability documentation guidelines to address different types of disabilities. Please use the guidelines below in determining which of the guidelines best fit the type of disability of which you are seeking services.
- Documentation for Health Conditions (Disability Documentation Guidelines for individuals with ALL types of disabilities EXCEPT Learning Disabilities)
- Documentation for Learning Disabilities
Services and academic accommodations are determined on an individual basis and may include but are not limited to:
- test accommodations
- note-taking services
- books on CD or electronic books
- use of assistive technology including text-to-speech software
- equipment loan
- building accessibility information
- help with individual appeal cases
- test proctoring
- tutoring Services
- early registration
- The CSA is a voter registration site for individuals with disabilities. Please read more about Section 7 of the National Voter Registration Act and ask our staff for assistance.
- The Kentucky State Board of Elections information
- National Mail Voter Registration information
IF YOU ARE A NEW STUDENT TO EKU AND NEED TO TAKE PLACEMENT EXAMS THROUGH THE EKU TESTING OFFICE - Please follow the steps above ( complete your application to CSA and provide our office with disability documentation BEFORE you schedule your placement exams. Call, stop by or email our office to inform us that you need test accommodations for your placement exams. Test accommodations need CSA approval before they are scheduled in the EKU Testing Office.
The process for students, staff, and employees are to follow in establishing reasonable accommodations, and the CSA appeal process is explained in this EKU Regulation; Establishing Reasonable Accommodations Under the ADA and Section 504 Rehabilitation Act.